Making and Playing Bagpipes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medieval bagpipe mittelalter??

2 posters

Go down

Medieval bagpipe mittelalter?? Empty Medieval bagpipe mittelalter??

Post  rubenjcouto Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:19 am

Greetings!

I'am interested to get plans to build a mittelalter, just like the band "In Extremo" use.
Glad for any answer.

Thank you so much to all comunity

rubenjcouto

Back to top Go down

Medieval bagpipe mittelalter?? Empty Re: Medieval bagpipe mittelalter??

Post  Yuri Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:03 pm

I've never seen plans for these kind on the Internet. In fact, I'm not sure if they exist anywhere outside Germany and German-influenced musical areas.
What I do know is that the whole approach has been based on Scottish pipes, with altered fingering. (For the power, in case it's not very obvious.) So, if you cannot find anything, the Highland pipes are a starting point. The look is, of course, a matter of only appearances, it's what is inside that counts.
Good luck.
Yuri
Yuri

http://www.wood-n-bone.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  rubenjcouto Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:19 am

Hi there,

I saw some plans of schaper pfeiff, it's mittelalter based on the same?
I also have plans of Albrecht Durer bagpipe, with two drones.

Thanks to the community Smile

Yuri wrote:I've never seen plans for these kind on the Internet. In fact, I'm not sure if they exist anywhere outside Germany and German-influenced musical areas.
What I do know is that the whole approach has been based on Scottish pipes, with altered fingering. (For the power, in case it's not very obvious.) So, if you cannot find anything, the Highland pipes are a starting point. The look is, of course, a matter of only appearances, it's what is inside that counts.
Good luck.

rubenjcouto

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuri Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:21 pm

No, these are based (probably loosely) on something like the Scottish smallpipes. The difference is, the Highland pipes and derivatives have a very pronounced taper (outwards, that is, trumpet-like), and corresponding reeds. This makes them immensely powerful The smallpipes have straight bores, narrow ones at that (you are talking some 4-6 mm bores), and the corresponding reeds. The two cannot be mixed-and-matched, by the way. I mean, the reeds will not work in the other kind. Smallpipes have a MUCH softer sound.
Yuri
Yuri

http://www.wood-n-bone.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  rubenjcouto Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:29 am

Understood. It's logical Smile I think this hunt became an obsession Razz Thank you for the answers. I will keep tracing it Smile

Yuri wrote:No, these are based (probably loosely) on something like the Scottish smallpipes. The difference is, the Highland pipes and derivatives have a very pronounced taper (outwards, that is, trumpet-like), and corresponding reeds. This makes them immensely powerful The smallpipes have straight bores, narrow ones at that (you are talking some 4-6 mm bores), and the corresponding reeds. The two cannot be mixed-and-matched, by the way. I mean, the reeds will not work in the other kind. Smallpipes have a MUCH softer sound.

rubenjcouto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down