Making and Playing Bagpipes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Back

+4
60plus
MichaelLoos
Art
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Welcome Back Empty Welcome Back

Post  Admin Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Welcome to our forum. I have kept it fairly simple to begin with but if you want a new category please pm or email me and I will happily oblige. This is a place for friendly chat about our passion for the bagpipes of the world. Feel free to introduce yourself here, pull up a chair and have a drink.

The Nasty bit.....

THIS FORUM IS MODERATED.

If you wish to discuss religion please do it somewhere else.
NO abusive posting will be tolerated posts will be deleted and repeat offenders will likewise be banned.
This is a family forum so no posts of an adult nature please.

Beyond that please enjoy yourselves.

Bob

Admin
Admin

https://pipemaking.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Welcome Back Empty Re: Welcome Back

Post  Art Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:24 am

A banner ad on the top of the forum told me that I'm the 100,000th visitor! Boy, this new incarnation of the forum has really taken off! Rolling Eyes
Art
Art

http://www.GaitaAsturiana.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelLoos Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:19 am

The first time I visited this forum a banner ad told me that someone loves me. The next time a banner said my IQ is 43. Not so sure what to think of it...
But thanks for reviving this forum!
MichaelLoos
MichaelLoos

Back to top Go down

Welcome Back Empty Bagpipe drones.

Post  60plus Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:27 pm

I am now moving on from turning bowls and hope to make a set of Highland bagpipe drones. So far I have made a set of stocks purely for practice and will move on to the harder wood when I have sussed out the holding and boring the pieces. Any suggestions and comments would be welcome.

60plus

Back to top Go down

Post  texasbagpiper Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:00 pm

60plus wrote:I am now moving on from turning bowls and hope to make a set of Highland bagpipe drones. So far I have made a set of stocks purely for practice and will move on to the harder wood when I have sussed out the holding and boring the pieces. Any suggestions and comments would be welcome.

Email me. I have stock bores and lengths on 15+ makes of Highland pipes, from Henderson, Tweedie, Hardie, Sinclair, etc.. Seth
texasbagpiper
texasbagpiper

http://SwedishBagpipes.com

Back to top Go down

Post  woodworker Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:43 am

Every time I visit this forum the computer bogs down and I have to close out of the windows and go back to the desktop and start again.
I've just about given up on this forum as it takes so long, I have broadband and no prob with other sites. How long does it take to read my cookies and whatever?

woodworker

Back to top Go down

Post  Mairtin Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:49 pm

Hi,

I'm Martin 41 from Ireland been playing Uilleann pipes (well!..trying too) coming up to 4 years, been making my own Reeds nearly 3 years now ( many tears shed ) Anyway thought I would Venture into the world of trying to make my own D Chanter have recently gotten myself a Myford Lathe and enjoy working with my hands so thought I would give it ago. hopefully, maybe get some Advice from you Guys?...had a quick reed through the forum, some interesting posts, just not as easy as it all sounds. Hopefully though it's an enjoyable disaster lol . A wise-man once said: if you never try something!...you will never know?...

Thx.

Mairtin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuri Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:38 pm

Hi Mairtin.
Welcome to the forum.
I have to say, it isn't having as much traffic lately as when it started. Cannot see why... I still keep an eye on it now and then, but if you look at the dates, the last post was something like a year ago or so.
Having said all this, Seth Hamon is the guy round here that makes Uillean pipes, and Bobble, the owner of the group, come to think of it. But honestly, I dunno just when they visited last.
Are you aware that there is a Yahoo group, amateurbagpipemakers? That one has most of the guys on this forum as well (part of why this one seems to be a bit slow), and that one is a bit more alive, though not as alive as it potentially could be, either...
Good luck with the pipes.
Yuri
Yuri

http://www.wood-n-bone.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum