Making and Playing Bagpipes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uilleann pipe chanter

2 posters

Go down

Uilleann pipe chanter Empty Uilleann pipe chanter

Post  ahcdefg Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:25 am

Hello everyone,

For making one practice set in spring I am looking for free drawings of a uilleann pipe chanter.

I hope the following question is not off topic, if it is, I am sorry.

Have you ever made experiences making the David Dane PVC chanter?

It could be nice if you could share your experiences on some drawings of those chanters, I will be really thankful.

Greetings from Germany
Kai

ahcdefg

Back to top Go down

Uilleann pipe chanter Empty Re: Uilleann pipe chanter

Post  verdatum Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:59 pm

If you explore David Daye's website very thoroughly, you can find all the information needed to make a good Penny chanter. The information is not well organized, so it can be really difficult. He [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which is much easier to follow.

When you say "drawings", I think you might mean "photographs". The best photos I've seen of the penny chanter are from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Just ignore all the woodworking stuff.

I just made my first Penny Chanter. It really wasn't that hard or expensive (not counting reedmaking, that looks hard). Don't be afraid to ask questions.

verdatum

Back to top Go down

Post  ahcdefg Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:01 am

verdatum wrote:If you explore David Daye's website very thoroughly, you can find all the information needed to make a good Penny chanter. The information is not well organized, so it can be really difficult. He [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which is much easier to follow.

When you say "drawings", I think you might mean "photographs". The best photos I've seen of the penny chanter are from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Just ignore all the woodworking stuff.

I just made my first Penny Chanter. It really wasn't that hard or expensive (not counting reedmaking, that looks hard). Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Hi verdatum,

I will give it a try. But it is hardly to understand and to imagine for me, that's why I asked for drawings. With drawings I mean figures, that shows parts of the chanter with sizes. But the video is also a good hint.

Well, I found all sizes in tables, but I have problems to follow them. Specially [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I cannot imagine, How it is set together? Or does it be the Al tube in the video, that he puts in the chanter top?

Thank you so much for your help! Very Happy

ahcdefg

Back to top Go down

Post  verdatum Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:19 am

Yes, the "Specially tapered upper bore" on the website is now the tapered aluminum tube, as shown in that video. It's an aluminum tube simply because it's easier to find tubing in that dimension.

I myself used the brass tube technique described on the webpage. I have that first tapered tube fit into place using tuning-slide grease. That way, I can remove it if I need to modify or reposition it. I still haven't done the fine tuning on my chanter yet.

verdatum

Back to top Go down

Post  ahcdefg Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:41 am

Hi,
Smile Thank you, I am going to find the required materials in shop.
Then I will let you hear from my tryings.

greetings
Kai

ahcdefg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down