Making and Playing Bagpipes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double Practice Chanter i.e. drone

3 posters

Go down

Double Practice Chanter i.e. drone Empty Double Practice Chanter i.e. drone

Post  texasbagpiper Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:45 am

By double I mean a Practice Chanter with a drone. How may of you guys are making these. I made a few of these years ago, and have recently started thinking about making one just for the heck of it. I know Yuri makes them, actually seems to have recently updated his website with a newer design, which is closer to the few I made a few years ago. Yuri I do want to say, I hate to see the old design off the website, it was very unique. Seth
texasbagpiper
texasbagpiper

http://SwedishBagpipes.com

Back to top Go down

Double Practice Chanter i.e. drone Empty Re: Double Practice Chanter i.e. drone

Post  Bob Salter Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:32 am

Ive never seen these before. The ones on Yuris' website look amazing but the media files wouldn't play for me. Any chance of a picture please Yuri, maybe a sound clip? Is the chanter a parallel bore ie ssp or is there more to it?

Bob

They do look cool and they sound neat too. I was never able to circular breath with them as Yuri states, but now that I've been playing the Digeridoo for a few years I may be able to do it now.

Oh yea, I've never been able to get Media Files to play on Yuri's site. Yuri help our ears to hear music!!!! Youtube maybe?
Bob Salter
Bob Salter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuri Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:09 pm

I know, it's a pain. Basically, Firefox won't open the files. IE will. My daughter did the site for me (and keeps doing when there is anyting to be done), but she never worked with this side of programming, so she doesn't really know how to convert all this to something all programmes can open. Macs also have at least one that will, and one that won't work. Can't help you there. I am going to put some clips on youtube in the future, but have to wait till there is a decent camera, also I'm totally out of any kind of practice.
Yuri
Yuri

http://www.wood-n-bone.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down